Uws 221

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uws 221

United We Stand issue 221 comes out v Stoke on Saturday.

Reds can buy it outside Old Trafford, from newsagents next week in the UK or Republic of Ireland. Or you can subscribe by clicking here – http://www.uwsonline.com/subscribe.php

We now offer digital subscriptions for Mac/Ipad/Android/PC devices from as little as £5.99 every three months, plus the traditional postal subscriptions.

You can download a free trial issue here.
    http://www.exacteditions.com/read/un...une-2012-32501

Here’s the running order for the next issue.

Pictures from Cluj.

The Editorial discusses United’s attitude to drink driving and young players in fast cars. We speak to some who’ve been there…

Guttersnipe has the bits you don't know about. Lots of them.

The Daily Telegraph’s Jim White writes about going to interview Phil Neville and what Pip thinks of MUFC; Joe Ganley writes about Paul Scholes, BH covers squad rotation and Ian Bland on fans calling clubs ‘we’ and ‘us’.

How Was It For You? looks at the month that was.

Former Premier League striker James Scowcroft speaks about Wayne Rooney playing in midfield. He also speaks to his good friend Billy McKinley, assistant manager at Fulham, about bringing a team to Old Trafford.

We’ll Meet Again talks to Stoke fan Bunny and his love/hate relationship with Manchester United.

We speak to Peter Hook about his new book on Joy Division and MUFC.

Getting Away With It wants to know what kind of Red boos the team off the pitch, as many around him did at half-time v Tottenham.

We’ve got a four page spread of pictures from past United youth teams going back to before the war.

Steve Armstrong went to Cluj, got drunk as a bat and came home to write about it.

Meatbag is off his box, but you knew that. Ditto Ian Hough. Both agreed to eat a bag of ketamine before writing their pieces in the latest issue.

We’ve got a busy letters page – sample:
    “Dear UWS,
    Knowing how much those Geordies love taking their shirts off, I entered St James’s Park (now The Sports Direct Arena I believe) completely nude at the recent match in an attempt at one-upmanship. It was my misfortune to end up in a seat next to a 15-year-old girl and, in the current climate, I can hardly blame the police for forcibly removing me from the stadium and banning me from being near children for the next ten years.
    Regards,
    Ramon”

What else?

And ‘outs’ list. Your life will be ruined if you’re on it. Fraudulent looks back at season ‘99-00, Transmission talks Tim Burgess, Mike Duff has the latest in the latest of his series of Manchester murders, the Anorak answers all your United related questions and Pennant wonders why Cardiff City went red. Knutsford red Mike Dean is in They Bleed, while we’ve got writers and every United game home and away, from the first team to the youth team.

Hundreds of hours have gone into the 44 pages, which is fronted by map of Gtr Manchester comprised of locally born players. Get on it.
    Screen shot 2012-10-13 at 13.33.02.jpg
Working...
X